Mapping Varna
By Category
Specials

History Lighthouses

St. Nicholas (Sveti Nikolaos, Varna East Breakwater)

REF NR: 1737

St. Nicholas (Sveti Nikolaos, Varna East Breakwater) lighthouse was established in 1986 (station established 1903). It's active focal plane is 17 meters and it flashes red light every 10 seconds, it's visible for 10 nautical miles.

The tower is an 8 metre white cylindrical tower with a lantern and gallery on top, the construction is mounted on a square stone base.

In the 90s a mosaic image of St. Nicholas was mounted at the base of the lighthouse.

The tower is a copy of the one displayed at the Naval Museum in Varna.

HELP