The Sea Casino in Varna was constructed in 1928. The idea for the creation of the place belongs to several successful town mayors such as Petar Stoyanov and Nicola Popov.
After the First World War, when Varna started to develop itself as a resort and tourist destination, the Town hall had the ambition to build a place for a casino and a restaurant with a direct view toward the sea.
The construction was lead by architect Jelyazko Bogdanov, who draw the facades with elements of the Ar Deco style. Also the famous Bulgarian sculptor Kiril Shivarov added many plastic details in allegorical composition – Aphrodite, Poseidon etc.
All the splendor of the Sea Casino's Restaurant
When the Casino was opened in the summer of 1928, it quickly became the most famous and preferable place in the town.
Presently the casino is under a major restoration project, restoring it back to its former glory and beyond. The initial features on the ground floor hope to be open this year in 2017 with some sort of Bistro Restaurant, then as they are competed the other facets will be unveiled.